Wow. It has been such an amazing journey over the past couple years to put my thoughts and method of shopping sustainably without sacrificing style into the book form, and I am thrilled to announce that it is finally here! Just in time for Earth Day, I am excited to share that my book, Wear No Evil: How to Change the World with Your Wardrobe, is available for purchase (or Kindle download), and can be found in most bookstores and online at Amazon.
We’ve even created a website for the book (head over to NoEvil.com) so that you can see what some pretty cool people (Sophia Bush, Graham Hill, Amber Valletta and others) have to say about it, read the book description, and shop ‘no evil’ products.
Thanks for your loyal support as game-changers in the fashion and beauty space. Together, we can change the world in style!Tweet
April is not only the new marker of summer, but also the poster month for celebrating and supporting our Mother Earth. With Earth Day reigning on the 22nd, the entire month has become a beacon for eco-chic awareness. Here are my fab five picks to better look after yourself and our planet in style:
1. FEED NATURE BAG, Feed Project, $50. Made from cotton canvas, this carryall is the perfect shopping and toting companion.
2. DEODORANT CREAM- TEA TREE, Meow Meow Tweet, $13. A completely natural cream to help you stay fresh smelling without the aluminum (and other cancer causing chemicals found in most underarm antiperspirants).
3. WAX + CRUZ PROUD MARY HAT, Proud Mary, $85. Limited edition collaboration with Wax + Cruz using our Navajo fabric combined with a denim visor.
4. 3-FREE NAIL LAQUER IN FIVER, Butter London, $18. Nails get a high-gloss shine with this deep, rich lacquer in the season’s most stylish shades. These vibrant nail colors offer consistent coverage; the vitamin rich formula promotes nail strength and does not contain formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, or DBP.
5. LIV TEE, Amour Vert, $75. Made from supremely soft modal, and for every tee sold a tree is planted.Tweet
Time and time again, we’ve all heard that wise phrase… many minds are better than just one. Well, the incubator and accelerator startup community is certainly capitalizing on that and helping churn out entrepreneurs and products under their combined tutelage. Now, there is a new wave in the field as we turn to online platforms for shared community accelerator programs to take a person and product from zero to market.
The newest one is called Factory 45, and what’s unique here is that Factory 45 is only interested in working with aspiring or established entrepreneurs who incorporate fair wages and sustainable materials into their vision. Pretty perfect, if you ask me! They are currently accepting applicants to join their community for a six month online program (with weekly group calls and one-on-one bi-monthly mentoring sessions). If you are ready to take your idea to the next level, this might be the golden ticket you’ve been waiting for. Apply here- you have until April 28th to apply and the accepted applicants will be announced May 5th. Good luck!Tweet
What’s more steezy than a great pair of sunglasses on a skateboarder? A pair of sunnies made from recycled skateboard decks! Just in time for spring, Silvano announces their newest collection of fashionable sunglasses with a signature twist through the use of reclaimed skateboard decks. Each pair boasts broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection lens, and quality construction. Ready to stand out from the crowd in the coolest way possible? Pick up a pair! Priced at $125 per pair.Tweet
I don’t know about you, but I can use all the help I can get in pumping up my motivation to get active! Enter Outdoor Voices, a made in the USA brand that not only has its production ethics right, but also scores major style points. Revive your workout routine with these awesome sportswear basics. Prices range from $45- $120.Tweet