Eco-Outfit: Desert Chic
A recent trip took me back to Dubai, and this being my second trip- I knew what to pack! The days (and nights) are hot, and to be respectful of the local traditions and culture I always like to cover up a little more than I would on my home turf. Here are my styling secrets to get a desert chic look appropriate for sightseeing and shopping in Dubai:
1. Pack a lightweight top that has a modest neckline and covers your shoulders. The Alicia Water Blouse from Amour Vert made in Los Angeles from peace silk was perfect for pairing with shorts and wedges (like I did here) and also looks really cute with skinny jeans and metallic sandals ($159).
2. A pair of tailored shorts can go from casual to dressy in a moment’s notice, and gives you lots of options when you have limited space while traveling.
3. A great pair of wedges are a fail-proof way to dress up and still strut the streets confidently no matter the surface beneath your soles, similar to these Rhino Wedges from Mink ($400).
4. Add a layered necklace, similar to this one from Dirty Librarian Chains, for a finishing touch.
5. A carryall bag that has enough space to fit gifts as you go is an essential, similar to this Remi Weave Satchel by Cornelia Guest ($235).