NYFW S/S13: Eco-Chic with EILEEN FISHER- Look One
Fashion Week! Two words that instill excitement and perhaps a bit of anxiety… While you are enjoying the new designs cascading down the runway, you want to celebrate what you see in front of you, all around you (people watching during fashion week is insane!), and most importantly what you see in the mirror. Striking the right balance of looking classically cool without trying too hard while still being on trend, can leave anyone second guessing their outfit.
Yet, there is a fool proof formula: start with feel good basics + add awesome accessories + incorporate one of-the-moment trend
Let’s put this formula into action! For my look above I started with chic basics from the EILEEN FISHER Eco Collection:
1. HEMP TOP, c/o EILEEN FISHER, sustainable fiber, similar to this top (currently available online), $218
2. MAXI SKIRT, EILEEN FISHER, made from organic cotton & hemp, $148
Then, I added some of my favorite accessories:
3. ROSARIO NECKLACE, c/o CHATE DESIGNS, handmade by local artisans in Guatemala
4. MULTI CHAIN NECKLACE, secondhand gem from Buffalo Exchange
5. BLACK FEDORA, secondhand steal from thrift shopping in Tokyo, Japan
6. POP OF COLOR STATEMENT BAG, similar to this one from STELLA MCCARTNEY, vegan, $1,245
Finally, I made sure to incorporate an of-the-moment trend… ankle boots!
7. RUDSON MID WATERPROOF BOOT, c/o TIMBERLAND (EarthKeepers Collection), recycled PET lining + recycled rubber sole, $180
Ready to give my style formula a try? Let me know what outfits you put together and feel amazing in, and any style tips you’d like to pass along. Just leave a comment below to join the conversation. Happy styling and stay tuned for more eco-chic outfits to get you through fashion week!
(Thanks again to the EILEEN FISHER team and their amazing photographer Michael Chung!)Tweet