If you are ready to change up your bottom routine and give your jeans and leggings a rest, give the printed trouser trend a go. Olivia Palermo paired them perfectly in her ensemble during London Fashion Week. Follow these easy steps to get her look and sport the printed pant with confidence!
1. Choose a printed trouser that has a pattern or color way that will work well with other pieces in your wardrobe.
2. Pair the pant with a solid top.
3. Bring color blocking into the look with a jacket or coat (like Olivia did), but keep it simple by staying within the same hue as your top.
4. Choose a bold accessory, like a statement clutch, to give a final touch. Try a leather accent to help balance the look.
5. Go for a great pair of shoes. Olivia kept the print trend going with a pair of pointed-toe printed pumps. This is a great way to add just a little more pizzazz to your outfit, and the continuation of print down the leg elongates it and can make you look taller.
Ready to give it a go?! Here are our top eco-chic printed pant picks:
3. MAGENTA WEAVE DRAWSTRING PANT, EDUN, $182
After attending the Allison Parris S/S13 presentation during fashion week, and watching her float around the room in a signature sequin frock, I truly grasped her style inspiration and love for creating effortless party dresses for the modern woman. In true Allison style, the presentation was more of a party- hosted in the members only club Norwood. Guests mixed and mingled, while a short film depicting the new collection looped on a wall in the background. I snapped a few shots from the film to give you a sneak peek of the new collection.
Allison takes pride in having her garments made in the New York Garment District, and uses sustainable materials as much as possible.Tweet
In celebration of New York Fashion Week, the September Goodebox, a member service providing trial-sized healthy, sustainable beauty, wellness & lifestyle products curated by Guest Expert Greta Eagan, will feature Greta’s “natural product picks to survive Fashion Week”. Brands featured include La Bella Figura, Juice Beauty, Bamford Body, Go! Towel, Erbaviva and Zosimos Botanicals, along with a special contribution in honor of sustainable fashion by Hess Natur. Here’s why I selected these products to help get me through Fashion Week, and how they will benefit anyone all year round:
1. I love the spray on deodorant from Ebraviva. It is a great way to freshen up in a pinch!
2. Bamford body lotion is must for me. I use it morning and night to moisturize and add a subtle and pleasant scent to my skin.
3. I try not to leave the house without first protecting my face with an SPF moisturizer. This one from Juice Beauty is lightweight and soaks in within seconds.
4. I’ve learned that a little swipe of lip gloss can make you look well rested and vibrant (even when you are super tired). Don’t hold back!
5. At the end of the day, I like to replenish my skin’s moisture by applying La Bella Figura’s deep moisturizing oil before bed.
6. I keep a stack of the Go! Towels at home and use them to take off my makeup with One Love Skin Savior.
7. Hess Natur provide sustainable fashion staples. Their organic fabrics are so soft and comfy.
To receive your GoodeBox be sure to sign up for this monthly delivery system. Enjoy!Tweet
A Lot To Say, has… well, a lot to say! Known for their cheeky t-shirts, inspiring notecards, and thought provoking umbrellas, A Lot To Say is staking their claim. Committed to reducing waste and responsibly using the resources we have, their products are produced from recycled materials. I was recently asked to choose my top five products that they have on offer. Here are my picks:
1. NOTE CARD SETS: Inspirational Messaging, A Lot To Say, $15.95
2. LOVE BIKINI: Love Messaging Tie Bikini, A Lot To Say, $60
3. IPAD SLEEVE: Surf iPad Sleeve, A Lot To Say, recycled polyester, $60
4. GOLF UMBRELLA: Love Golf Umbrella, A Lot To Say, recycled polyester, $70
5. GREEN MESSAGING TEE: Hot T-Shirt, A Lot To Say, recycled PET, $49
(Many thanks to A Lot To Say for sponsoring this post.)Tweet
During fashion week, sometimes you need a great understated outfit to take you from day to night, and sometimes you just need to flat out dress up! For these occasions, I break out the sequins. Sequins during the day have quickly become a fashion trendsetter must. The best way to rock them while they glimmer and reflect the sun’s rays is to temper them with simple and classic pieces. Of course, EILEEN FISHER had just the piece.
For this look I paired my stunning sequin pants with a classic silk blouse and signature heels with a simple clutch. By keeping the accessories low key, the look as a whole came together effortlessly without looking overdone. Here’s what you’ll need to give this outfit a go:
1. SILK BLOUSE, EILEEN FISHER, from the Eco Collection, made with the Bluesign standard, similar to this shirt (available online now), $218
3. POINTED-TOE PUMP, PRADA, passed down to me by my stepmother, similar to these (available online now), $720
4. CLASSIC BLACK CLUTCH, c/o PELE CHE COCO, upcycled leather
As fashion week here in NYC draws to a close, I hope you have found these eco-chic outfits inspiring and helpful. Make sure to visit EILLEN FISHER (go their FaceBook Page for the inside scoop!) and keep building your own style savvy closet with great fitting basics, key accessories, some stunning investment pieces, and of course a trendy piece here and there (I always snag these from a secondhand store and give ‘em another life).
(Many thanks to the EILEEN FISHER team and the talented Michael Chung.)