Style File: How to Wear Printed Trousers
If you are ready to change up your bottom routine and give your jeans and leggings a rest, give the printed trouser trend a go. Olivia Palermo paired them perfectly in her ensemble during London Fashion Week. Follow these easy steps to get her look and sport the printed pant with confidence!
1. Choose a printed trouser that has a pattern or color way that will work well with other pieces in your wardrobe.
2. Pair the pant with a solid top.
3. Bring color blocking into the look with a jacket or coat (like Olivia did), but keep it simple by staying within the same hue as your top.
4. Choose a bold accessory, like a statement clutch, to give a final touch. Try a leather accent to help balance the look.
5. Go for a great pair of shoes. Olivia kept the print trend going with a pair of pointed-toe printed pumps. This is a great way to add just a little more pizzazz to your outfit, and the continuation of print down the leg elongates it and can make you look taller.
Ready to give it a go?! Here are our top eco-chic printed pant picks:
3. MAGENTA WEAVE DRAWSTRING PANT, EDUN, $182