Stow your structured totes and give an easy going backpack a whirl this summer. The slouchy rucksack shape has definitely come back into vogue, and now you have your choice of stripes, colors and textures oh my! Here are some eco-friendly faves to whet your appetite:
1. THE DAVEY, Krochet Kids, $59.95. Perfect for all your weekend trips that await you this summer. Get ahold of ‘the Davey’ stuff it with all your other favorite KKi products and hit the road! Ethically made with cooperatives in developing countries.
2. KAMARIA BAG BLACK FEATHERS, Lalesso, $290. A bucket bag design crafted from suede leather, printed silk cotton, and includes a rope shoulder strap. Ethically made in Kenya.
3. RAFIA CROCHET BACKPACK, Bop Basics, $115. Braided raffia puts a summer-ready spin on a slouchy backpack with twisted rope straps. Frayed ends leave a nautical impression, and the drawstring top opens to a lined interior with a single pocket. Made from natural fibers.
4. BLACK MULTI CARTAGENA MOCHILA BAG, Miss Mochila, $325. This Black Multi Cartagena Mochila Bag from Colombia-based designer Miss Mochila is a staple in any jetsetter’s accessories rotation. Handwoven by the Wayuu tribe in South America, its color-pop hues instantly brighten your standard T-shirt and jeans ensemble.
5. CHEYENNE BUCKET TOTE, Shannon South, $380. This tote bag is a patchwork of rugged yet soft, beautiful nubuck leather with raw suede on the inside. Made in NYC from remnant luxury leather from furniture production.