Working for myself and running a startup, I sometimes forget what day it is and all of a sudden I realize it's Saturday night and I've got a date! Always in a time crunch, I found a simple beauty routine to amp up my look without needing to be too precise or heavy handed. Ever find yourself in this hurry-up-and-get-ready pinch? Try these super easy steps to create a sultry Saturday night look!
Here's what you you'll need:
+ tinted moisturizer
+ a neutral brown eye shadow (and an eye shadow brush)
+ a darkish brown brow pencil (adjust the color to your skin and coloring)
+ a red lip color that you love!
2. Using an eyeshadow brush, brush on a couple layers of a neutral brown color to your lid, moving up and out toward the crease and outer corner of the eye. I used Mauna Loa from Alima Pure, $12.50.
3. Take an eyebrow pencil and fill in your brows slightly to add a touch more framing to your eyes (you can check out our How to Get Full Browns video tutorial here). Then take the same pencil and line 3/4 of the outside bottom of your lid using a bit more product on the outer corner. I used, Eyebrow Pencil 02 from Logona, $19.
4. Then, dip your eye shadow brush back into the brown shadow and use it underneath the eye to blend the pencil into your lower lash line. Create a smudged imperfect look.
5. Gently apply a coat of mascara. Try to keep the application light so your lashes look natural. I used Dr. Hauschka's Black Mascara, $34.
6. Dab a touch of the red lipstick onto your finger tips and rub gently into the apples of your cheeks, pressing outward and upward as you move from the center of your face toward your ear on each side.
7. Apply the red lipstick you love. Blot. Smile. I used Strike It Up from Ilia (compliments of Eco Diva- thanks so much!), and found that if I wanted to tone it down, I could wipe the lipstick away with a tissue and then add a gloss overtop. It was the perfect amount of color and shine for a daytime version of this look.